1. I have received notification that some members have received an email about their dues from State and this could possibly cause some confusion. If you have received this email please disregard and continue to send your dues to LO Treasurer, Cary Day. Please send a total of $50. (BPW Local amount $15, State $35, Cary takes care of sending the state dues in.) If you are over 80, your state dues are waived and you simply owe Cary $15 for LO dues. If you have already sent your $35 to state, please send $15 to Cary for your Local BPW dues. I apologize for any inconvenience and/or confusion this may have caused.
1104 Eagle Crest Rd.
Centralia, IL 62801
2. Also regarding dues: If you are unable to pay your yearly dues at this time due to financial strain of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, please do not feel obligated to do so at this time. We understand these are unprecedented times and that every dollar amount in the bank is a blessing. If this effects you please reach out to Cary Day, Tammy Resch, or myself. We do not want you to feel burdened at this time. Cary hasn't been sending out dues reminders because of this reason. If you are able to pay, feel free. If you are unable to pay please reach out.
3. During the board meeting on Monday, April 27, we discussed the Scholarship Salad Luncheon. Again, due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and the extreme nature of it's affects, we feel it is best to forgo the Salad Luncheon this year. This does not mean that we will not be having a Scholarship Fundraiser. We will still have a Scholarship Fundraiser. This means that we need to be brainstorming a way to pull in $3,000 for this fund. Please contact myself or Nikki Holland with any ideas about a fundraiser.
4. The Equal Pay Day Rally has been rescheduled for Saturday, October, 24, time TBD. We are aware that this would be the Saturday following the typical date for the Scholarship Salad Luncheon, which is why I brought it up in point 3. Please reach out to myself of Carrie Perkins-Schnicker if you have any questions or concerns.
5. As you have likely heard, the stay at home order has been extended until the end of May. This means we are unable to gather for our May General Meeting. We will see what June brings. If we are able to meet in June we will hold elections and installation, present scholarships, and recognize years of membership.
6. The scholarship committee has devised a plan for judging, we have begun going through applications. (Thanks Tischa for all of your work on this!) As we have winners selected we will notify the membership, winners, and public.
7. I have linked the Membership Survey below. While we may still have the same slate of officers we will still need committees! Please fill the survey out and return it to myself or Tammy.