Is That It – Brexit Done? - Article from Peter Sonnex
Peter Sonnex – Parliamentary Candidate for the Brexit Party in Croydon South, then Croydon Central – reflects on the Brexit Party, his role in the 2019 General Election and the future. Is that Brexit done, then?
“I am proud of what we achieved. I remain humbled by the selfless support of a team of volunteers, coming from all walks of life and political persuasions"
“We are in a complete pickle over free speech as debate, even the truth, is shut down by either cancelling an opposing view or legislating against it”
Full article - http://croydonconstitutionalists.uk/is-that-it-brexit-done-peter-sonnex-brexit-party-candidate-for-croydon-central/
TaxPayers' Alliance - Axe the Tax
In January 2020, The TPA launched their Axe the Tax campaign to scrap the BBC licence fee. It’s time taxpayers’ stop being forced to support the BBC!
This consultation on decriminalising the TV licence fee is your chance to make your voice heard, and the first step to making ministers axe the TV tax! They have created a tool to make it easy for you to submit a response.
Take part in the consultation at - https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/bbc_consultation
Leavers of Croydon Drinks – New Addington
Join us on Saturday 21st March, from 7:30pm at The Randall Tavern. Field Way, New Addington, Croydon CR0 9DX.
Drinks to celebrate our independence from the EU and a chance to meet:
- Neil Garratt Conservative – GLA Candidate.
- Peter Sonnex – Brexit Party PPC for Croydon Central.
- Mark Johnson – Chairman of Croydon Conservative Federation and Vote Leave organiser for the area.
The future of the BBC
The debate too hot for the BBC to handle… (we asked they declined)
The Croydon Constitutionalists are delighted to host a forum on the Future of the BBC.
Will present their views on what’s next for the Corporation. We are then pleased to give you the opportunity to present your thoughts for a couple of minutes to the panel and those assembled. Followed by a panel discussion.
- Croydon Councillor Jeet Bains
- Yasmin Fitzpatrick former Brexit Party candidate
- Harry Fone of the TaxPayers’ Alliance
Join us 7pm Tuesday 21st April. South Croydon Conservative Club. 60 Selsdon Road. South Croydon. CR2 6PE
Council Tax and Changing Croydon Council
Last week Croydon's councillors both Labour and Conservative, voted for the following bumper Council Tax increases.
We have written many times of the ways Croydon Council wastes your money. Well a campaign is well underway to change Croydon Council. DEMOC the campaign for a Democratically Elected Mayor of Croydon
- A 1.99% increase in the Council Tax for Croydon Services
- A 2.00% increase in the Adult Social Care precept
- The GLA increase of 3.6%.
Launched to packed meetings the campaign now has over 12,000 of the 15,000 signatures needed to trigger a local referendum to challenge the vested interests in the council. For full disclosure Mike sits on the organising committee.
Sanderstead – Meeting outside Waitrose. 87 Limpsfield Rd, South Croydon CR2 9LE
Shirley - Meeting outside Coop 225-227 Wickham Rd, Shirley, Croydon CR0 8TG
- Saturday 14-Mar - Street Stall, 10:30 - 13:00
- Sunday 15-Mar - Door Knocking, 14:15 - 16:45
Old Coulsdon - Meeting outside The Tudor Rose, 270 Coulsdon Rd, Coulsdon CR5 1EB
- Saturday 21-Mar - Delivery of letters, 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:15 - 16:45
- Sunday 22-Mar - Delivery of letters, 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:15 - 16:45
- Saturday 28-Mar - Delivery of letters, 10:30 - 13:00 and 14:15 - 16:45
Addiscombe - Meeting Outside The Alma Tavern. 127-129 Lower Addiscombe Rd, Croydon CR0 6PU
- Sunday 29-Mar - Door Knocking, 14:15 - 16:45
Public Launch East Croydon - ST MATTHEWS, CHICHESTER ROAD, EAST CROYDON CR0 5NQ
- Sunday 05-Apr - Door Knocking, 14:15 - 16:45
- Thursday 16-Apr - Public Launch - East Croydon, 20:15 - 21:45
See you on the 21st March and 21st April.
Dan Heaton & Mike Swadling