The city sits at the intersection of a housing and houselessness crisis. Many of us have a lot of questions – "what is 'affordability'?", "what is the city doing?" or "what can I do?"
You sent in the questions and we invited the experts.
Panelists speaking at
tomorrow's free and public forum are:
• Scott Awesome, a houseless Montavilla Neighbor
• Tim from the Roadies of Sisters of the Road
• Ravenwolf, a mental health and addiction professional
• Kelly, with a local community group Rahab Sisters
• Pauline, with Metro Home Share PDX
• Ibrahim, co-founder of Right 2 Survive
• Sally, with the Joint Office of Homeless Services
• Meg, a housing justice expert
Update: We've had so many interested speakers that events may run later than 2pm.
Ready to look at housing and houselessness in a new and informed way? Join us tomorrow (Saturday) at IRCO at 11am to listen to the panelists share their stories and discuss the issues with your neighbor.
Be sure to register beforehand so that you can reserve your seat: Click here!
We prioritize Montavilla Membership but the event will be free and public so that anyone interested may attend.Invite your neighbor!
Want to help us out?
•Prepare or purchase food for the potluck
•Bring travel-size toiletries, new socks or deodorant to donate