The LDIFME team has composed a summary of some of the work performed and the achievements realised over the last eight years.
We wish to thank the LDIFME team and all the supporters of every campaign, every fundraiser, every letter of support, every contribution made to this great grassroots movement- which has made so many innovations over the years to make progress in research, treatment and perception of ME.
Because of their efforts we now have a real possibility to make progress and it is right before us, having already established the following -.
- A UK/European hub for biomedical research into ME
- A clinical trial which will raise the profile of ME and achieve scientific objectives
- A GP fellowship to educate GPs and create champions in clinical care for people with ME,
- PhD students introduced to research
- Medical students involved in research
- High-quality biomedical research from top researchers in the leading European research park, complete with university and university hospital,
- European collaboration
- A European ME Clinicians group established and working
- A European ME Researchers group forming
- International research Colloquiums bringing researchers together.
- International ME Conferences that allow researchers, clinicians, patient groups and carers to interact and network.
All this achieved by IiMER, LDIFME and our supporters ....... it is already there, just needing funding to maintain.
Thank you LDIFME and our supporters for your wonderful efforts