Coffee Cup Chilaquiles
While traditionally a breakfast dish, for me Chilaquiles also work great for lunch or dinner. For this adapted for a dorm room room or small apartment recipe you will need a large coffee cup (a cup will work better than a mug) and a microwave oven.
2 tbs. milk
2 tbs. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 tortilla chips
2 tbs. salsa
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbs queso fresco
1. Beat eggs and milk with a fork in a large coffee cup.
2. Fold in salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.
3. Break 6 tortilla chips into thirds or quarters and fold into mixture.
4. Top with salsa and cook in microwave on a medium high setting for about 2 minutes. This time may vary slightly depending on the oven and the dimensions of the cup the mixture is in.
5. Garnish with remaining tortilla chips and queso fresco.