Dear St. John’s Families,
In the wake of the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to remind you of our prevention plan that is currently in place.
1. Providing more hand sanitizer to be used throughout the building.
2. Posting more hand washing reminder posters.
3. Reviewing handwashing and the prevention of spreading germs with our students.
4. Providing regular communication to the school community regarding updates.
5. Following all recommendations put forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Education.
6. Educating our students on prevention with instruction and reinforcing instruction through two helpful age-appropriate videos. You may view them here. PS-Grade 3 Video Grades 4-6 Video
6. Asking you to monitor your own family and keep your children home in line with our policies.
When would St. John’s close due to exposure?
Should there be a confirmed or suspected (patient under investigation) case of COVID-19 in our school community, we will:
Report the case to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Follow the guidance/recommendations of MDH
Communicate with our school community
Notify the Office for the Mission of Catholic Education
Should MDH recommend closing the school for a time, St. John’s will:
Communicate the closure to the school community.
Continue consultation with MDH to determine when it is safe for staff and students to return to school.
Provide resources for continued learning at home during the school closure.
Notify the school community of updates and procedures for returning to school.
We are very grateful for the communications from and collaboration with the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis as we continue to monitor this situation and pray for all those affected!
Courtney Bierlein, Principal