Dear Horticulture For Healing Loving Friends,
I've missed sharing with you! I know I've kept you waiting long enough! Here's the latest quick and exciting news:
1. Horticulture For Healing received our third grant from See Beautiful in the amount of $1,500.00!
2. The new and revamped Pocket Care Guide is available for distribution! The Pocket Care guide is included with any workshop, therapeutic horticulture session, or care kit. If you would like your own Pocket Care guide copy reply to this email and I will be happy to send you a physical or digital copy 🌻💌 You can also read it on Horticultureforhealing.org
- This will fund People & Plant Care (Plant Care is Self Care) kit distribution to every student (70+) at Pace Center for Girls in Immokalee, Florida.
- I will begin kit production this August and will distribute in September 2023 after the start of the new school year.
- After kit distribution, Horticulture For Healing will hold in-person therapeutic horticulture workshops for any student who would like to attend!
- See Beautiful is a philanthropic company with a mission to provide inspiring, ethically-sourced products to create more beautiful in the world.
3. 2023 People & Plant Care zines are here! And now in two sizes small pocket size and medium print! If you are interested in receiving your own copies for personal or for public distribution/promotion please reply to this email.
4. Copies are free of charge! However, Donations are greatly appreciated and very helpful!
1. I've been invited to be on the University of California, Irvine's KUCI 88.9FM radio station! Next week I will sit down with Amorette Correa to prerecord a session for her radio show In the Eyes of Amor. We will chat about Horticulture For Healing, therapeutic horticulture, healing, recovery, and the profession of horticultural therapy.
- I will send out a special announcement email out when our interview will air. You will be able to listen via KUCI website.
1. I graduated from the Horticultural Therapy Institute in December 2022. I now hold a Horticultural Therapy certificate. This is taking my work to a new level professionally and personally while equipping this organization with the educational background necessary to develop new dynamic programming while expanding the accessibility of horticultural therapy.
2. Drawing on my graduate certificate program's knowledge and experience, I am entering into social entrepreneurship. In January 2023 I launched my LLC Restorative Horticultural Therapy. Restorative Horticultural Therapy is a private contracting business offering personal wellness restoration services through the therapeutic practice of plant care and connecting to nature. If you would like to know more please check out my new website! You can also follow on instagram @restortaivehorttherapy.
- Although I am growing a business I do not plan to stop Horticulture For Healing's mission. After my next project supported by See Beautiful, my work will be focused on building and expanding Restorative Horticultural Therapy. I aim to integrate nonprofit work into the business within the next four to five years. depending on the success of the business hopefully even sooner. Through this form of social entrepreneurship, I will continue expanding the accessibility of horticultural therapy and therapeutic horticulture while developing creative therapeutic programming.
- My first partnership is with UCI CARE. If you would like to know more about this amazing collaboration you can visit medium.com to read or listen to my interview with UCI CARE.
- The generous donations and support H4H receives from you is what makes this organization possible. I am so grateful for this!
- If you are able to make a donation please click here to be directed to our donation page. All financial contributions go towards the current cost of individual care kits for current and future partners, at $29.48 per kit. You can also donate though Venmo @healingplants and Cashapp $HorticultureHealing.
- Our People & Plant Care kits and workshops support people in developing a connection physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to soil, plants, and the elements aiding in the process of healing, recovery, and overall strong mind & body health.
- I am proud and grateful that Horticulture For Healing is a part of the See Beautiful Community. A big thank you to See Beautiful for their continued support.
- As always, thank you so much for taking time to read my work and supporting my ideas, goals and aspirations for the Horticulture For Healing community. This wouldn’t be happening without you.
That’s all for now!