Dear Members and Devotees,
Happy New Year 2021 greetings to all our Members and Devotees.
Looking back at the year 2020, we all had an amazing journey together with significant achievements.
The leadership team is focusing on five separate initiatives to start the Phase I temple construction in 2021. The details of our initiatives are as follows:
- Statue: Lord Murugan 6 FT Statue sculptor started sculpting the work will be completed by the end of April 2021. We will share the pictures of the statue once we get the final update from the Stapathi.
- Site Plan: We have completed the site and infrastructure design and submitted it for approval to Chatham County on 23rd Dec 2020. The county is reviewing our proposal. We will be responding to their technical queries, and If everything goes well, we will get the approval by the end of March 2021.
- Bala Aalayam: The Stapathi has completed the design of all the deities. He has recommended that the temporary temple (Bala Aalayam) deities have to be sculpted using Fig wood. We will review the plans and make a decision soon.
- Fundraising: We are also actively reaching out to major donors for funding the temple construction. We request every one of you act as the fundraising representative for the temple and ask them to donate for the 5000 Sq Ft Bala Aalayam.
- Construction: We reached out to local banks for construction funding. Once receive the funding and approval from the county, we can start the infrastructure work soon.
Let us continue the incredible journey together, and our entire focus is to start the Bala Aalayam construction soon and complete it by the end of 2021.
We once again thank you for your continuous support and donations to the temple.
Let Lord Murugan bless you and your family with health, wealth, prosperity, and happiness.
Due to Covid restrictions, we will be conducting our festivals virtually. We are looking forward to seeing you all at the Thai Poosam Festival.
With Best Regards,
CMT Leadership Team
Carolina Murugan Temple