Join your local NET team
Anyone who lives or works in Portland can take NET training. Over 2,800 volunteers have completed basic training. Join them today.
WHAT YOU GET
- FREE training that will provide you with the core skills you need in order to respond safely and effectively in a major disaster.
- An introduction to a network of neighbors, emergency response professionals, and other community leaders concerned with preparing for a major disaster.
- After completing basic training, access to advanced training opportunities, exercises, and classes.
WHAT YOU GIVE
For more information visit: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/pbem/58587
- About 30 hours for basic training, usually done over the course of four Saturday classes.
- At least twelve hours of volunteer time every calendar year. This can be in the form of talking with neighbors about emergency preparedness, attending neighborhood meetings, or taking advanced training classes.