Monday, 8th October 2018
I've not been feeling great, so no article this time. However, loads of great links to sink your teeth into, if that's what one does with links. Normal service will be resumed shortly, I am sure. Enjoy your week!
Remember - if you enjoy this newsletter, others might too! Please forward it on to anybody you think might like it, or encourage folk to sign themselves up! Got something I ought to include? Mail me!
Some podcasts for your listening pleasure
- The OneTeamGov podcast is well worth a subscribe and a listen. Thanks to Kylie for reminding me about it. Link.
- This podcast discussion between Ben Evans and Steven Sinofsky uses Tesla as a frame for exploring innovation and disruption, and is terrific. Link.
- Catherine Howe asks "What happens if no-one is right?" As always, there is loads to learn from in here. My main takeaway thought is the replacement of the classic change triumvirate of people/process/technology with networks/purpose/infrastructure. Am going to steal that. Link.
- Mike Bracken on how you need to "be radical in changing how your organisation works, but incremental in changing what it delivers". Link.
- "Is Estonia the Silicon Valley of digital government?" Link.
Tools and techniques
- Awesome post from Jonathan Flowers on the levers available to those that want to change things. Link.
- Richard Pope is researching Government as a Platform. Well worth keeping an eye on. Link.
- How Stockport Council are helping residents get online. Link.
- Paul Brewer on the development of data registers at Adur & Worthing Councils. Link.
- Hackney Council have made further developments to the Pipeline tool, originally developed by LocalGovDigital, to share and manage progress on digital developments. Link.
- Local Government as a Platform Yorkshire & Humber, Leeds, 18th October. Link.
- Local Government as a Platform South West, Exeter, 22nd November. Link.
If you're on the lookout for a new public service digital job, then you'd do a lot worse than signing up for Matt Jukes' entirely job-focused newsletter.
- Business Analyst (Digital Services), West Berkshire Council. Link.
- Content Design Manager, Agilisys (working at Kent County Council). Link.
That's it for this week. Thanks for reading and please feel free to forward this onto friends and colleagues - and maybe even encourage them to sign up!
If you have any feedback, or an idea for something to be included, please just hit reply and send me an email.
Until next time,