Rotary Hospice COVID-19 Guidelines
The comfort and care of our residents coming to the end of their life journey is our primary concern. Therefore we need to ensure adequate staffing levels and the health and safety of our care team.
We have implemented the following guidelines to minimize their exposure to respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and to ensure that we have adequate staffing levels to provide quality care:
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through this challenging situation. Further updates will be shared as they become available on our website and our Facebook page. Please feel free to contact us at 519-508-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only essential visitors (as determined by the family) will be allowed to visit the Hospice until further notice
- Anyone entering the building, including staff, will undergo a complete screening that includes temperature checks
- Visitors who do not pass the screening will not be permitted to visit whether they are considered essential or not
- Video-calling (e.g. Skype, etc.) can be set up as an alternate means of communication; please contact us in advance to set this up
- Referrals for admission will be processed as usual providing staffing levels remain stable
- Programming, including the Bereavement Support Group and Visiting Hospice, have been cancelled until further notice
- Visiting volunteers will keep in touch via phone and where possible, online and will communicate any concerns to the Hospice clinical team
- All in-person meetings and training sessions have been cancelled until the end of April at which time we will re-assess the current situation.