- Fingers Crossed debut at No. 2 on the iTunes country album chart
- Fingers Crossed nominated for Roots Album of The Year at the 2020 CCMA Awards
- Crossed Fingers debuted at No. 1 on the iTunes singer-songwriter chart
- Both albums garnered over 1,000,000 streams/views
- Shiplett announced as a long list artist for the 2020/2021 Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class
- Shiplett launch Red Buffalo Records, distributed by The Orchard via Jayward Artist Group
About Fingers Crossed / Crossed Fingers
Shiplett released the original album Fingers Crossed in March 2020 at the beginning and height of the chaos surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. As the landscape quickly shifted around him, he felt the weight of the pandemic, but it was the fans’ response to his voice and to the songs on the record that allowed him to remain hopeful. That unwavering support led Shiplett to create the beautifully raw edition, Crossed Fingers, to allow the songs to shine again in a different light. With the addition of an emotional new bonus track, “Bluejay Highway”, the album is a recreation of each song from the original record, but with stripped back production for a vulnerable and intimate soundscape. The collection is brought to life by Shiplett’s moving vocals and the listener is left with the magic that is Shiplett’s signature raspy sound and songwriting sensibilities.
This year, Shiplett rediscovered his roots; stripping his music down to the foundation of who he is as an artist. Marking a new era in his career, his sound, and his songwriting, Shiplett has more in store to share with fans for an even bigger 2021.