Overview of upcoming work as of May 2, 2019
Striping between NE 55th to NE 91st streets:
On Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27, crews successfully paved between NE 75th and NE 90th streets. Thanks to everyone for your patience throughout construction and especially during this impactful work.
This week, crews prepared for some of the final construction activities, including final striping. Please read below for more about what to expect over the next several weeks:
- Final striping between NE 47th and NE 75th streets starts as early as May 7: Crews will begin to place final striping in multiple locations on 35th Ave NE between NE 47th and NE 75th streets. Crews will first place stop bars and crosswalks on the roadway near intersections. Then, crews will begin striping larger elements of the street, such as the center turn lane.
- Typical work hours are from 7 AM to 7 PM
- 1 lane of traffic in both directions will be open at all times. Uniformed police officers (UPOs) and flaggers will direct traffic around the work area.
- Parking will be restricted along the corridor to provide a safe work area
- All sidewalks will remain open for people walking
- Please check King County Metro Alerts to stay informed about any changes to bus stops
- You may see crew members on the roadway overnight this week and next prepping for final striping. We do not anticipate noise, traffic or construction impacts as part of this work.
- Final striping between NE 75th and NE 91st streets: Crews will finish striping NE 75th to NE 91st streets at night, starting the week of May 13. We will share more information about what to expect in our update next week.