Night work for final striping on 35th Ave NE begins tonight, Tuesday, May 7 and continues for the next several weeks
Due to the anticipated daytime temperatures in the upper 70s and 80s for the next several weeks, our contractor needs to install final striping on 35th Ave NE at night. Higher temperatures can cause new paint to take longer to cure and is harder to clean up if a vehicle drives through it. Crews will begin work between NE 47th and 75th streets. Once complete, crews will continue working at night between NE 75th and 91st streets.
We are working to minimize impacts wherever feasible and 35th will remain open with one lane in each direction during the work. Please read below for what to expect while striping takes place:
- Nighttime hours: 7 PM to 7 AM, Monday through Friday
- 1 lane of traffic in both directions will be maintained at all times: Uniformed police officers (UPOs) and flaggers will direct traffic around the work area
- Parking will be restricted along the corridor to maintain a safe work area
- Noise and vibrations during final striping installation at night are expected to be slightly louder than typical traffic but not as loud as nighttime paving.
- All sidewalks will remain open for people walking
If you have questions or concerns about the work, please contact our project information line, 206-512-3950, as soon as possible and we will do our best to minimize impacts whenever feasible.