Year 9 - Requests for Support
I am writing to you following the recent update from the Principal with regard to support that we are offering to support our students with their Home Learning during the College closure.
As previously explained, we are offering support in four ways:
- Home Learning support through Google Classroom:
- Through effective resources
- Through assignments for students to demonstrate their learning
- Through secure dialogue for students with their teachers and Pastoral Leaders
This is currently in place and will remain in place for all of our students throughout the College closure and beyond. Students can communicate directly and securely with their teachers through this platform. All Home Learning is now available on Google Classroom and you can find guidance to access it and links to the resources on the Homework section of our website. If you have any technical difficulties accessing these resources, then please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject/Academic mentoring from teachers and Learning Mentors/HLTAs:
- Dialogue with teachers/Learning Mentors/HLTAs for parents over the phone
- Dialogue with teachers/Learning Mentors/HLTAs for parents via email
In addition to Home Learning support, we will provide parents/carers with the opportunity to request appointments with specific teachers/HLTAs to discuss students’ subject specific progress or, to request appointments with Learning Mentors for more general academic support.
- Pastoral support:
- Dialogue with the Pastoral team for parents over the phone
- Dialogue with the Pastoral team for parents via email
The pastoral team can provide support for students and their families either directly through appointments with a member of the Pastoral team, and/or through signposting families to a range of support that is available to them.
- SEND support:
- Dialogue with SEND team for parents over the phone
- Dialogue with SEND team for parents via email
The SEND team will provide support for students with SEND through appointments with a member of the SEND team for general academic support, for specific advice relating to learning needs, or through signposting families to SEND support that is available.
We welcome you all to request an appointment to receive any of the support listed above. We will be sending out a survey every two weeks so that there is time for parents/carers to request the support and for us to arrange the appointments. The survey is now open until 9.30am on 8th
June . We ask that you follow this link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7TXKLXG
and indicate what support you would like to receive.
Please be aware that you do not have to complete the survey and that you are very welcome to contact specific members of staff directly via email at any time
through our ‘Meet the staff’ page on our website: http://sjhcsc.co.uk/our-college/meet-the-staff
We look forward to hearing from you and supporting the students with their Home Learning.
Miss L Warring
Pastoral Leader for Year 9