Enrichment Week 2020
I wanted to write to you to give you as much notice as possible regarding the arrangements for Enrichment Week. The dates are set as the 29th
June to the 3rd July and the activities information will be released online on the College website the week after the October half term. A paper copy of the booking form will be given by tutors to your son/daughter.
Based on the feedback from the last few years I have made a few small changes to the way in which the week operates which I have outlined below.
- Students will be asked to pick 3 activities in rank order, if they wish to be kept with a friend this should be indicated on the reply slip and they must choose the same activities and hand their slips in at the same time with the deposits.
- Places will be allocated on a first come basis and activities must be accompanied by the relevant/highest non-refundable deposit for the chosen activities. Deposits only will be taken via cheques/cash. Further payments must be made via Parent Pay which will be allocated against your child once their activity has been confirmed. Activities can be booked in the dining hall starting the week beginning 4th November from 8.00am – 8.40am each morning. All choices and deposits must be made by 15th November.
- Letters will be emailed to parents at the beginning of December to confirm your son/ daughter’s activity.
- Any student who fails to choose or pay for an activity will remain at College all week, the programme of which will be decided for them.
- To ease the financial pressure, I have:
- allocated all students on FSM a £20 Enrichment Week voucher to offset cost of one of their activities.
- given you as much notice as possible to save;
- set up students Praise Points accounts to allow them to use their Praise Points to buy vouchers which can be redeemed against the cost of the trips;
- arranged a Christmas voucher purchasing scheme (on sale at student services), where relatives / friends can buy a voucher to contribute towards enrichment week costs.
- 50% of all trips will need to be paid by 31st January 2020 and final payments will be due by 27th March 2020 via Parent Pay to enable us to get best value for money on early bookings in order to keep the costs down.
- In May, the trip leader will write to you again with the final arrangements for the respective activity and where a residential is involved hold a parents meeting.
Should you have any questions, regarding payment please contact Mrs Evans on 01752 201020 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
. I am looking forward to offering another amazing and action packed week.