There is a book to be written in where the responsibility lies for the pollutants in the River Lea and our canals – from Thames Water sewage overspills to industrial pollution to a disconnect with our natural environment. But we’re not writing that book, and the canal is really suffering.
We have re-planned our litter picks so that they are safe for everyone involved, and until government guidance changes, this is how we will run them. Back to the last Sunday of the month from 10am at Princess of Wales E5 9RB.
1. It will be compulsory to register online before you come. You can do that here
2. Start times will be staggered with 10 minute intervals in groups of up to 5 people.
3. Wear a face covering and if possible bring hand sanitiser.
4. When you arrive please queue in the Princess of Wales car park E5 9RB (map link) to avoid congestion on the tow path.
5. PFH will be really careful cleaning all equipment before and after the litter pick. We will also have lots of hand sanitiser available.