Thumbs up or thumbs down
- Ask the children to imagine they are the disciples listening to Jesus.
- Read the story slowly, and ask them to put their thumbs up if what Jesus is saying is good for them to hear, thumbs down if what Jesus is saying is hard for them to hear, or thumbs in the middle if they are not sure.
Send an open heart message
You will need: open heart template, one per child, pens, scissors, stickers or sticky jewels.
- Give each child a copy of the open heart template and ask them to write an open-hearted message to a friend or family member, e.g. ‘Thank you that I can tell you anything’ or, ‘I’ll always be there for you’, in the rectangle on the centre of the heart.
- Once the children have written their message and decorated the heart, ask them to cut it out.
- Demonstrate how to fold along the dotted lines, to turn the heart into an envelope. Seal it with a sticker or sticky jewel. Encourage the children to give it to a friend to open up.