We’re already 13 days into 2020! Have you been working on your resolutions? Fight overwhelm and break it down into one achievable goal and go from there.
If you’re like me, you’ve received 1,475,899 emails/posts/texts with tips on how to start the new decade with gusto. I get it – let’s use this time to take the steps that will get to where we want to be by 2030 (and my first-born is in college!). I like all of the advice. But it’s too much.
Here's my easy, evergreen resolution in three words: always be learning. I’m always striving to learn, to change, and evolve into someone who knows more, new, and better ways of achieving my goals. So, how do I do that? A lot of ways, but here’s an easy one that I think you might like. Go to your favorite social media platform, Facebook and LinkedIn are probably the best ones for this exercise and search for your area of passion. For example, it could be “marketing” or “real estate” or “UX”. Look for groups that you can join that will allow you to learn, ask for help, or uncover things that you don’t know. (You know, the things you don’t know that you don’t know!)
I found an amazing group of marketers that aren’t afraid to be vulnerable and admit they need some insight on this or that. In fact, research shows that even people like us see vulnerability in others as attractive and a strength—but we think of our own vulnerability and openness as a flaw. I’ve certainly asked my fair share of questions and received some really helpful answers this past year. I'll be continuing to do that in 2020.
Open yourself to being vulnerable and I guarantee you’ll find joy in earning advice and the fulfillment of learning something new. #motivationmonday #marketing
Here are 5 things I’ll be diving into to keep my skills fresh:
- Reading this book, The Fearless Organization. The intro says it will help "fertilize creativity, clarify goals, achieve accountability, and redefine leadership" in any organization. I'm in!
- Since the new year hit, my mind has been swirling with ideas. My goal is to keep them organized this year so they don't impede new brainstorming.
- I’ve taken every personality identifier under the sun. I like understanding my "powers" and how I can interact with others more effectively. Try this one, too.
- Must get better at SEO. Top of my list. Starting here.
- I've gotten so much out of The Life Coach School podcast. It's an easy listen and is all about personal and business empowerment.