The JobKeeper Payment is an historic $130 billion subsidy with the intent of keeping around 6 million Australian workers in jobs as Australia and the rest of the world seek to confront the economic fallout of managing Covid-19.
The subsidy is to be paid to employers based on certain eligibility criteria and will be administered by the ATO. Following the Government’s announcement, many employees and employers are seeking clarification about their eligibility and obligations.
EY has been actively involved in elevating many of these questions to the Government and the ATO. It is anticipated the legislation to implement the JobKeeper Payment will be introduced into Parliament on Wednesday, 8 April.
Join their expert panel on Thursday, 9 April
as they explain the application of the rules and answer the many questions being asked.
The EY Panel will share insights and answer questions including:
- What is the latest eligibility criteria?
- How is the reduction in revenue calculated?
- How are the turnover thresholds determined?
- What if employees have already been retrenched?
- What is the situation with an employer with multiple businesses?
- What are employers obligated to pass on to their employees?
Thursday, 9 April 2020 (noting the short notice)
- Adelaide: 9:30am - 10:30am
- Brisbane: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Canberra: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Melbourne: 10:00am - 11:00am
- Perth: 8:00am - 9:00am
- Sydney: 10:00am - 11:00am
To join their webcast, please RSVP online.
If you are unable to attend the webcast, an option to view on-demand will be available.
If you have any immediate concerns that you’d like to discuss with EY in detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org