Call for Presentation Proposals Due June 1st
This interactive workshop will provide practitioners and decision-makers with tools and ideas that support positive fire outcomes and identify opportunities for accelerated Cohesive Strategy implementation. Our program will focus on our theme of the hard truths of risk that are inherent in implementing cross-boundary, large landscape, and community-wide implementation.
The Workshop will be presented as a hybrid of in-person and virtual sessions. In June we will evaluate the pandemic and vaccine situation to decide whether to pivot to a fully virtual learning opportunity. If you are unsure whether you can present in-person, please do not hesitate to submit a proposal. We will be able to accommodate some remote live and pre-recorded presentations.
We are excited to bring you a shared-learning experience with vibrant, interactive sessions including sessions on:
- Fire and land management in our “new normal”
- Indigenous and cultural burning
- Communicating the “hard truths” of decision-making with your stakeholders
- America Burning-WUI
- Climate 21
- Cross-boundary, large landscape collaboration
- And more
Please share your experiences! We welcome proposals that utilize shared learning and participation that address key issues and considerations such as, but not limited to:
- Prioritization, collective investment and the co-management of risk
- Implementation of prescribed fire in consideration of air quality issues and smoke
- Fire Adaptation challenges such as preparing communities to receive smoke from wildfire and/or prescribed fire
- Post-fire impacts and recovery
- Home hardening
- Workforce development, capacity issues and successional planning
- Science and new technology advancements and examples of research partnerships
- Climate change impacts on fire seasons, fire activity and vegetation management
- Large landscape, cross-boundary collaboration
- Innovations, adaptation and resiliency from your COVID-19 experience
- Communications – what’s working, what’s not. Motivating stakeholders to take action and the most important messages for different audiences
Include in your proposal what your learning objectives are and how they align with the Cohesive Strategy.
Session Formats: Please describe your session format and time requested – a five-minute ignite talk, poster or interactive presentation.