A Global Opportunity
This joint conference offers a forum where past experience and lessons learned are documented, current work showcased, and emerging ideas, science, and technology are presented to provide a strong foundation for reflection and action to set the future course of practice, management, and research in response to local, regional, and global challenges. The 2021 conference will place particular, but not exclusive, emphasis on the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on wildland fire management and communities around the world.
- To create opportunities for presenters and participants to integrate across disciplines.
- To identify past lessons learned to aid development of innovative and contemporary wildland fire safety and human dimensions in wildland fire to better enhance personal and community safety.
- To document current wildland fire management safety and human dimensions trends as benchmarks for future challenges and program planning and implementation.
- To raise awareness of the diversity of approaches, issues, ideas, and importance of safety and human dimensions in wildland fire management.
- To promote development of innovative management and research ideas.
- To foster new collaborations between managers, researchers, firefighters, residents, communities, businesses, educational institutions and others in different regions and countries.