This weekend, NCBC leadership met for a retreat in Pittsboro, NC. The goal of our gathering was to, center ourselves, collaborate and renew our devotion to the coalition and set new goals.
We are so excited to share our ideas with our members.
- We wrote our new vision and mission statements:
- Vision: Vibrant communities where breastfeeding and human milk feeding are part of the fabric of life.
- Mission: To facilitate collaborative community work through education and advocacy that creates an environment of genuine breastfeeding support for all families.
- We set regional meeting dates for 2020
- Region I: Friday October 16th 1-4
Region II: Tuesday March 30th 2-5 PM in Winston Salem (To coincide with the Breastfeeding Forum)
Region III: May, to coincide with “A Mother’s Special Gift” conference in Charlotte
Region IV: Wednesday January 29th 10-1 in Raleigh
Region V: June, to coincide with NCLA Breastfeeding Summit in Wilmington
Region VI: August, to coincide with Breastfeeding Symposium in Greenville
- We are working to update our website to a new user friendly, organized format.
- We created a new organizational map with committees and chairs.
Pictured left to right and top down, Ellen Chetwynd, Machelle Williams, Rebecca Ruhlen, Norma Escobar, Lindsey Hurd Reeves and Nicola Singletary. Not pictured attendees of the retreat include Laura Sinai, Lillian Scott, Abigail Sanders, Rhonda Argenbright, Love Anderson & Connie McLendon.
We encourage our members to share their comments and thoughts of our new goals, mission and vision statements with our chair, Ellen Chetwynd at email@example.com.