Greetings <<First Name>>,
We are excited to share with you the huge milestones the Rogue Valley Vintners achieved in 2018. The establishment of the Rogue Valley Vintners (RVV) represents a transformational development for the wine industry in Southern Oregon. It is a tangible and substantial effort to align with the goals of our regional destination management organization, Travel Medford, Travel Southern Oregon, and the statewide agency, Travel Oregon.
While you may not have "seen" many of the actions of this new, non-profit organization, the group has been working feverishly behind the scenes, since its start in March of 2018, to organize, craft and implement a strategic plan that will be revealed later this year.
A few of our 2018 Accomplishments
- March: Organization and board of directors established with exclusive focus on Rogue Valley AVA wine tourism promotion
- June: Funding sources established.
- Asante—20K, partial in kind as office space and office intern
- Expected first year membership 40-60 growers and wineries at $1000 each
- Travel Southern Oregon—20K, long term partner
- Travel Medford—10K, long term partner
- Travel Ashland—10K, long term partner
- Travel Grants Pass—5K, long term partner
- Chambers from Grants Pass, Medford and Ashland—all long term partners
- July: Presented organizational marketing goals with Holly Macfee at the Inn at the Commons to the local community. Hired Expert Strategist Deborah Steinthal from Scion Advisors to complete strategic planning process -$18,000
- Sept-Oct: Helped facilitate a state-wide survey with researchers from University of Oregon (UO) Institute for Policy Research and Engagement to measure characteristics and behavior of wine-region tourism in the Rogue Valley. This project, supported by the Oregon Wine Board and Travel Oregon, is generating a consumer survey to profile past and prospective visitors to the Rogue Valley. It will provide marketing strategies for targeted growth within wine-related tourism as well as consumer impressions of our region. Results will be shared in Spring of 2019.
- November-December: In depth analysis of UofO, RVV and OWB survey conducted by Full Glass Research. Completed extensive strategic planning sessions with board, wineries and industry partners. RVV Strategic Planning member Barbara Steele added to the Oregon Wine Board Strategic Planning Committee. Draft strategic plan completed and programs to support the plan are under development.
- Gain regional and national exposure through a coordinated brand identity and marketing plan crafted by one of Oregon's top tourism marketing agencies - Holly Macfee from Lookout
- Finalize the strategic plan with input from our membership to determine the specific programs that RVV will launch in 2019
- Increase visitors to the area tasting rooms and supporting businesses
- Have a voice in the direction and future of the industry statewide
- Strive for 100% participation among wineries. Unity among the Rogue Valley AVA wineries creates strength
- Implement a 2019 RVV launch guided by a finalized strategic plan and an official call for membership to the community at large
- Recruitment of talent to support strategic initiatives and programs
- Identify the organizational needs and set goals for a world class executive director
- Identify and apply for available Grants to support the RVV 2019-20 budget.
- Presentation by the team at UofO of an in-depth look at the results of the statement tourism survey to RVV membership