Aloha Church Family,
It's an exciting season in the life of our church. We praise God for the 20 people who were baptized this past Monday! We are preparing to celebrate 42 years of God's faithfulness as a church, launch our 10:30am Sunday Service on Sept 18, and embark on our All-Church Series!
With all the great things God is doing, here are the 6 things you must know!
1. September 16 & 18 we are celebrating our 42nd Anniversary— It is also the launch weekend of our 10:30am service. Starting next weekend we'll have 3 weekend services— Friday 6pm, Sunday 8:30 & 10:30am. Invite a friend for this special celebration.
2. Attend one, serve one! We have openings in every ministry. Right now, we need 48 more people to join us in our Kids Ministry to open up all of our classrooms at our 3 services. The commitment is once a month and we provide all the training, you just need a love for Jesus and desire to make a difference in the life of a child! Let us know you'd like to serve here.
3. All-Church Series Chasing David Begins Sept 23 & 25— This 8-week journey through the major events of the life of David from 1 & 2 Samuel will be a powerful time to grow together and be filled with hope and encouragement! Join an 'Ohana Group today!
4. 'Ohana Group Facilitator Training after both services this weekend! We ask that all facilitators attend one of the trainings, whether you are new or currently facilitating. We will discuss and walk through the Chasing David materials, explain how Planning Center works, and pray with one another.
5. Special offering this weekend for Pakistan— Many of you remember that Tom & Heidi Chen returned from their Pakistan mission trip recently. We have received word that every village they visited has been destroyed by the flooding in the country. Many of the Christians there have lost everything and are continuing to reach out and deliver food, blankets, and clothing to the many in need. This weekend we are receiving a special offering, over and above our regular tithes and offerings, to support our ministry partners there bringing hope and help in Jesus' name.
6. DivorceCare— If you are walking through separation or divorce there is place for you to heal and receive support. Class begins Sept 12 at 6pm, in the Library. There will also be DivorceCare for kids (ages 5-12yrs) that runs alongside for the children to experience Christ-centered healing. Sign up for DivorceCare here.
Please join me as we pray for a move of God as we embark on this exciting season of ministry!