Let’s get to know this month’s Thank You Thursday recipient a little bit better!
Our Thank You Thursday recipient this month is Ivonne Garcia, qualified mental health professional. Ivonne has been a part of the Spindletop family for just over one year. She is bilingual and has a mixed caseload of about 40 kids with a majority of them being of Hispanic descent. She is also a part of the Hispanic Population Outreach that does outreach to promote mental health awareness in the Hispanic community.
1. What do you enjoy most about working at Spindletop Center?
I love the fact that I get to help people every day. I work with children and their families, and it is so great to see the entire family dynamic improve. I also had a child graduate from the program!
2. What is one fact about yourself that most people at Spindletop Center wouldn’t know?
I have a Master’s in Criminology! I specialized in several things, but one of my favorites is place-based or environmental criminology. You can lower you and your property’s chances of being victimized just by changing how things look!
3. What are your three favorite movies/TV shows?
Terminator 2: Judgement Day is my all-time favorite! Criminal Minds (but sometimes I can guess the endings due to my criminology degree lol) and Malcolm in the Middle. If a family ever needed our help, they sure do!
4. What’s something that you hope to cross off your bucket list in the near future?
I want to travel to the middle of nowhere and look up at the Milky Way.
5. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
Get rid of all cancer!