Contigo Technology has been alerted to an emerging threat posed to you and all users of Microsoft Office by the Microsoft Office vulnerability dubbed the Zero-Day “Follina” Bug.
What you need to know:
- This vulnerability is triggered by opening malicious Office documents.
- Threat actors may deceive victims into opening these documents using email attachments, social media links, file downloads, or other creative delivery methods.
- We will likely need to update your endpoints once a security patch is available.
- Since this is currently a 0-day, a patch has not yet been released.
- Don’t panic over this. Yes, this vulnerability makes it easier for hackers to access your network. However, malicious documents are a familiar attack strategy, and vigilant users can turn the tide against these unpredictable threats.
What you can do immediately:
- Caution your users to be observant when opening any attachments, particularly Microsoft Office documents.
- Be vigilant when receiving documents and clicking links because of this new vulnerability.
Contigo will work with any affected clients to help address the vulnerability on an individual basis.
Source: Threat Post