REMINDER Next Virtual Coffee Morning:
Our Virtual Coffee Mornings are aimed at work coaches and careers advisors to let the people they work with know about the initiatives we have to offer. Our programmes provide employability skills and training for 16-18 year olds and adults 19.
Thursday, 2 December 2021
At the online coffee morning, you'll find out about:
- Our Sector-Based Work Academy Programmes (SWAPs) which are short two to three week courses. sWAPs include work experience and a guaranteed job interview.
SWAPs enable people who may be experiencing redundancy, thinking about changing careers or who may need training; the skills to find work. SWAPs are open to 16-18s and adults.
- A range of initiatives aimed at young people, including:
- Step Up Level 1 progression courses wlc.ac.uk/stepup
- Talent Bank for those people who want an apprenticeship but do not have an employer
- Kickstart Essentials, helping under 24s secure jobs
- Traineeships, which are 6 - 12 month work experience programmes to help trainees into paid jobs
- Creativity Squared, helping young people into jobs in the media industry
- Our Youth Hubs
- Apprenticeship Vacancies
- Courses starting for adults throughout the year
- English Language Courses, such as ESOL
We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual Coffee Morning.
Please see the video below, showing the many vocational subject areas we teach a the College.