2021 Membership Drive
The mandate of the South Armour Heights Residents’ Association (SAHRA) is to promote safety and security in our Neighbourhood; to protect South Armour Heights residents from inappropriate planning and development from residential, commercial, transportation and any other sources; and to enhance the environment and social life in our community.
We need your financial support! Membership contributions are our only source of revenue to maintain our activities. We are very frugal but there are expenses for newsletters, our website, office expenses and insurance. We also need to replenish our funds in order to engage planners and lawyers when necessary to deal with Committee of Adjustment, TLAB and LPAT applications/appeals.
How to Contribute
SAHRA will never disclose your personal information to any third party.
To contribute via PayPal or credit/debit card:
To contribute by cheque, please download and complete the 2021 Membership Form to accompany your cheque
How Your Contributions are Used
Your membership fees and donations fund SAHRA activities including:
- Dealing with crime prevention and community safety issues
- Dealing with development and construction issues including Committee of Adjustment (CofA), North York Community Council (NYCC), Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) and Toronto Local Appeal Body (TLAB) notices and hearings. In 2020, we dealt with 15 CofA applications in our area and 1 TLAB Appeal as well as dealing with a large condo/commercial application at Avenue Road and Lawrence
- Addressing road issues, including traffic, safety, speed limits, traffic calming and parking
- Updating residents on local issues via eBlasts, Newsletters and our website sahratoronto.com
- Representing our members' interests at FoNTRA (Federation of North Toronto Residents’ Associations), CORRA (Confederation of Resident and Ratepayer Associations in Toronto) and FUN (Federation of Urban Neighbourhoods) meetings
- Advocating for our Neighbourhood with North York Community Council, City Government and our Councillor
- Hosting community-building events - difficult to do during the pandemic, but we will return to this afterwards
- Holding regular SAHRA meetings and the Annual Meeting - by videoconference during the pandemic
During 2020, SAHRA conducted two surveys. They showed that our increased activity in the crime prevention and community safety sphere remains the top priority. Our members expect us to continue to concentrate on two of our long-time priorities, namely development and construction issues, and Avenue Road improvements. Respondents asked for an increased emphasis on traffic and road safety, and to this end we have asked Councillor Colle for a meeting with the City traffic engineer who is leading a study with the aim of calming and controlling traffic in the area of Avenue Road between Brooke and Highway 401.
We also quizzed residents on the issues of three storey homes (which are not legal in our area), sub-basements and burrowing. The response was clearly against all three of these. We have asked Councillor Colle to support us in opposing proposals which include these features. SAHRA will be in touch with you with more details in the future.
Our 2020 Activities
The Activity Map below shows the locations that SAHRA has been involved with for Committee of Adjustment hearings, North York Community Council hearings, City Council meetings, TLAB/LPAT hearings, Community Consultations, traffic and safety issues and tree/graffiti/sign/driveway issues in 2020.
A big Thank You to the following members for their contributions in 2020
||Van Dalen, E.
Visit our Membership Page for an analysis of Contributions By Street for 2020.
Need More Information?