Sunday Mass details
Sunday Mass times:
Saturday: 6:30 pm
Sunday : 7:30 am, 9:00 am, and 6:00 pm
Live streaming of masses (when available) on our Facebook page
Weekday Mass details
Weekday Mass times are:
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am
Sunday Readings (10/11 April 2021)
Divine Mercy Sunday (2nd Sunday of Easter)
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love is everlasting.
|Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ has already overcome the world
Sunday Readings (17/18 April 2021)
3rd Sunday of Easter
||1 John 2:1-5
Prayers of the Faithful
We pray for Pope Francis and his brother bishops as they renew their commitment to live lives of joy in the Gospel, and that their joy might inspire all members of their flocks to build lives of gratitude.
We pray for leaders of nations and communities that they might realise that like members of the early church, we hold our resources in common. May they commit to be better stewards of earth’s resources and discover more just ways to distribute them.
We pray for those who have been victims of any adversities during the past week, and for healing, health and peace throughout the whole world.
We pray for people who are closed off from our community because of addictions, that Jesus might appear in the locked rooms of their hearts and help them to find new life in him.
We pray for those who, like St. Thomas, have had their faith shaken, that you will use the love of this community to reach out and assist in strengthening them.
Caritas - Project Compassion
|Please donate to Project Compassion 2021 and help improve health and wellbeing of communities in Indonesia so they can work towards eradicating poverty, providing a better future for all.
You can donate through Parish boxes and envelopes, by visiting www.caritas.org.au/projectcompassion or phoning 1800 024 413.
ATTENTION MARRIED COUPLES. .
||Celebrate the gift of your unique love and have time to focus on each other and your marriage, away from everyday distractions. We invite you to join us on a Marriage Encounter Weekend. 2021 Weekends as follows: Online Zoom weekend 30th April – 2nd May 2021. Enrich your marriage in the privacy of your own home, using your own Computer. 16-17 October 2021 to be held at Prendiville Catholic College, Ocean Reef (Live Out).
For more information or booking contact:
Valerie & Brendon on 0424 220 625
Website – www.wwme.org.au
YOUTH LEADERSHIP PATHWAY FORMATION PROGRAM.
| Are you a current youth leader wanting further training? Are you a young person discerning your call in youth ministry to become a youth leader or volunteer? Then this is for you!
Youth Leadership Pathway is a 12 months program targeting the needs of youth leaders in parishes. We offer formation, training, pastoral care and a supportive network with the aim to grow Catholic youth leaders with a heart of mission. This program consists of a combination of online training, in-person workshops and mentoring, offering a flexible training opportunity to help you grow in your personal, professional
St Vincent de Paul Society
| ST VINCENT DE PAUL APPEAL FOR FOOD DONATIONS
The St Denis Conference of the St Vincent de Paul Society extends our sincere gratitude to all the parishioners of St Denis Parish for the very generous support you have given us with your donations of non-perishable food which you place in the blue bins in the church foyer.
We make up small food parcels from your donations which we take on our visits to the poor and needy in our area. Unfortunately, our stock of food items is very low at the moment, so we kindly ask for your help so that we can restock our pantry in the Nolan room.
Suggested food donations:
Currently we are meeting once a month in the Nolan room for around an hour and we visit in teams of two, a few needy families each day. If you would like to learn more about what we do, please contact
- Tinned ham, tuna or vegetables
- Tinned soup
- Long-life milk
- Milo, tea, coffee, sugar
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Rice and spaghetti
- Noodles, quick meals
- Jam, honey, vegemite
- Sweet or savoury biscuits
- Tinned fruit
- Any other suitable non-perishable items
Peta Cutter (0447 148 700) or Murray Gatti (9349 0151).
Thank you for your kindness and consideration for others and may God bless you for all the support you have given us over the years.
Archdiocese Job Opportunities - Archdiocesan Transition
The Archdiocese of Perth is looking to employ a Programme Office Manager and Planning, Risk and Reporting Manager. Both positions are 12 month, full-time fixed term contracts.
To receive the Job Description email: email@example.com
Job applications close 5.00 pm, Wednesday 21 April, 2021
St Denis Parish COVID-19 Guidelines
Due to the Government regulations and the need for cleaning and sanitising
- All gatherings/meetings are to occur in the body of the church utilising the pews in the church.
- The Marian Chapel is closed to the public at this time;
- The foyer of the church is not available for meetings and for other programs e.g. line dancing;
- The Parish Centre including the Nolan Room and the outdoor courtyard are not available for use.
- The out-door toilets are closed.
- Social distancing to be observed at all times. 1.5 metres between people; 2 square metres per person at meetings/prayer gatherings within the body of the church.
- No social gatherings involving the sharing of food and drinks are permitted indoors or outdoors on St Denis property. In line with the government requirements of ‘Safety First’ the sharing of food, serving utensils, serviettes etc is strongly discouraged. For example the parish kitchen is only big enough for 1 person at a time.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Every person entering the church is required to sanitize their hands or to wash their hands with soap and water which is provided in the bathroom area.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of the church after each gathering (prayer groups, mass, etc.) is to be completed by the people who have gathered using the sanitiser and cloths provided in the church. Cloths to be put in buckets provided at the doors of the church
Signing in - is back!
- Every person coming into the church is required to register their name and phone number in our sign in books provided in the foyer of the church or scan the QR code using the SafeWA smartphone app. This is to enable contact tracing in case of an outbreak of Covid-19 and is a government requirement.
if families/couples/people from one household come to mass they can sit beside each other without having to observe the 1.5 metre social distancing rule. This will allow up to 375 people in the church. Please move into the centre of the seat so that people who come later won’t have to ‘climb over you’.
- The maximum number at this stage is 375.
At present, due to social distancing, sanitising etc. -
- Acolytes, altar servers, sacristan and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist are not required.
- The Lector is invited to sit in the body of the church and to move to the sanctuary when required.
- We will not be having entrance/recessional processions or Offertory processions.
- No communion from the Chalice.
- No communion on the tongue. Please receive communion in the hand, and remain standing – kneeling makes it far to difficult for Father to remain socially distanced from the communicant.
- Hymn books, loose prayer sheets, etc are not to be used.
At present we are unable to -
- Distribute hard copies of our parish bulletin – if you would like to receive a copy of our bulletin via email please sign up using the links at the bottom of this newsletter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have our book of intentions or mass intentions envelopes out. If you wish to have a mass offered please contact the parish office on 92422812 or email email@example.com or place an envelope in the offering basket in the foyer of the church.
- Take up collections during Mass. There are baskets in the foyer of the church for planned giving envelopes/offerings or you may contribute on line – banking details are provided on the newsletter.
The communal celebration of the Anointing of the Sick is to be temporarily suspended.
- The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
Priests can provide opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, according to the First Rite.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is to occur in a well-ventilated space and with appropriate social distancing being maintained at all times, including the absolution. The Sacrament can be celebrated in the sanctuary but provision for anonymity should be made.
The contact details (name, phone number, address and/or email address) of each person entering the church for Confession must be recorded and retained. No record should be kept of the reason for the person’s presence in the church.
Please contact Fr Anthony
Groups who use the Parish Facilities and are preparing to recommence are advised to contact Fr Anthony with their Covid–19 safety plan which needs to meet the guidelines set by St Denis Parish.
Contact the parish office on 9242 2812 or
The Day with Our Lady, St Peregrine devotional groups and any other large groups are advised to wait until the Government implements Phase 4 of the Roadmap.
Your health is important as is the health and wellbeing of each of our parishioners, please take heed of government regulations and the directives from our Archdiocesan Church leadership.
Stay safe and healthy!
Maria Gaglia, Jan Smartt, Sr Elizabeth
(Covid-19 implementation team)
Online Resources details
St Vincent de Paul and other local resources to help people in need are available on https://www.erconnect.org.au/
The Parish and Parish priest can accept direct bank transfers to:
St Denis Parish
BSB 086006 Account 528184936
BSB 066140 Account 10313613
St Vincent de Paul organisation (not our local chapter)
Caritas (Project Compassion) can take online contributions https://lent.caritas.org.au/donate/
St Denis Parish website http://www.stdenis.com.au/
Parish Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1302786806404916/.
http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/ – Catholic Archdiocese of Perth, including Cathedral mass online
Plenary Council Newsletter (PlenaryPost) https://mailchi.mp/89790a462ff6/plenary-post-edition-15-march-8-2649645
Feel free to pass this email on to people who might be interested in St Denis news or use the links below
Pass it on
Forward to a Friend