‘And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn’ (Luke 2:7 / NRSV).
THANKS to: Sr. Elizabeth, Mrs. Suzanne Lawrence for the church decoration & Christmas tree; Mr. William J Russell and Mr. Albert Nakpil for the crib; Mr. Martin Lawrence and Mr. Arkar Daniels for creating the Facebook page; the two choirs for their soulful singing & the Carols; Mrs. Maria Gaglia and Mrs. Sue Pham & her friend for the flower arrangements; Thomas, Angela and Liz for the live-streaming service; each one of you for your generous donation to the Vinnies Christmas appeal.
Together with the Servite community, I wish you all a Blessed Christmas Season. Stay safe please.
Father Anthony Xavier OSM
Christmas Mass Details
If you put your name down on the Christmas booking sheets at church or you have booked tickets online then your details will be at the door of the church. Please arrive early to check your contact details for mandatory contact tracing.
It is not too late if you are yet to book: 6:30 Vigil Mass is fully booked but 8pm tonight and all the masses tomorrow have space. Please check https://www.trybooking.com/BNGFX for free tickets.
For those who booked tickets for people who cannot make it tonight then please check your TryBooking email as it has instructions for returning the ticket for others to use.
We can't take collections during mass, please use the baskets in the Church entrance to make donations, make a direct bank transfer or for credit card use these TryBooking fundraising links:
St Denis Parish: https://www.trybooking.com/au/donate/stdenisparish
Servite Priests: https://www.trybooking.com/au/donate/stdenispriest
St Denis Parish
BSB 086006 Account 528184936
Fr Anthony (Servites)
BSB 066140 Account 10313613
Christmas Mass Live Stream
The Parish has a new Facebook account to host live streaming
You should be able to view the stream without a Facebook account
We are planning to live stream the 6:30pm Vigil Mass tonight and the 9:00am Christmas Morning Mass
St Denis Parish COVID-19 Guidelines
Due to the Government regulations and the need for cleaning and sanitising
- All gatherings/meetings are to occur in the body of the church utilising the pews in the church.
- The Marian Chapel is closed to the public at this time;
- The foyer of the church is not available for meetings and for other programs e.g. line dancing;
- The Parish Centre including the Nolan Room and the outdoor courtyard are not available for use.
- The out-door toilets are closed.
- Social distancing to be observed at all times. 1.5 metres between people; 2 square metres per person at meetings/prayer gatherings within the body of the church.
- No social gatherings involving the sharing of food and drinks are permitted indoors or outdoors on St Denis property. In line with the government requirements of ‘Safety First’ the sharing of food, serving utensils, serviettes etc is strongly discouraged. For example the parish kitchen is only big enough for 1 person at a time.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Every person entering the church is required to sanitize their hands or to wash their hands with soap and water which is provided in the bathroom area.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of the church after each gathering (prayer groups, mass, etc.) is to be completed by the people who have gathered using the sanitiser and cloths provided in the church. Cloths to be put in buckets provided at the doors of the church
Signing in - is back!
- Every person coming into the church is required to register their name and phone number in our sign in books provided in the foyer of the church or scan the QR code using the SafeWA smartphone app. This is to enable contact tracing in case of an outbreak of Covid-19 and is a government requirement.
if families/couples/people from one household come to mass they can sit beside each other without having to observe the 1.5 metre social distancing rule. This will allow up to 200 people in the church. Please move into the centre of the seat so that people who come later won’t have to ‘climb over you’.
- The maximum number at this stage is 200.
At present, due to social distancing, sanitising etc. -
- Acolytes, altar servers, sacristan and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist are not required.
- The Lector is invited to sit in the body of the church and to move to the sanctuary when required.
- We will not be having entrance/recessional processions or Offertory processions.
- No communion from the Chalice.
- No communion on the tongue. Please receive communion in the hand, and remain standing – kneeling makes it far to difficult for Father to remain socially distanced from the communicant.
- Hymn books, loose prayer sheets, etc are not to be used.
At present we are unable to -
- Distribute hard copies of our parish bulletin – if you would like to receive a copy of our bulletin via email please sign up using the links at the bottom of this newsletter or email email@example.com
- Have our book of intentions or mass intentions envelopes out. If you wish to have a mass offered please contact the parish office on 92422812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or place an envelope in the offering basket in the foyer of the church.
- Take up collections during Mass. There are baskets in the foyer of the church for planned giving envelopes/offerings or you may contribute on line – banking details are provided on the newsletter.
The communal celebration of the Anointing of the Sick is to be temporarily suspended.
- The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
Priests can provide opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, according to the First Rite.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is to occur in a well-ventilated space and with appropriate social distancing being maintained at all times, including the absolution. The Sacrament can be celebrated in the sanctuary but provision for anonymity should be made.
The contact details (name, phone number, address and/or email address) of each person entering the church for Confession must be recorded and retained. No record should be kept of the reason for the person’s presence in the church.
Please contact Fr Anthony
Groups who use the Parish Facilities and are preparing to recommence are advised to contact Fr Anthony with their Covid–19 safety plan which needs to meet the guidelines set by St Denis Parish.
Contact the parish office on 9242 2812 or
The Day with Our Lady, St Peregrine devotional groups and any other large groups are advised to wait until the Government implements Phase 4 of the Roadmap.
Your health is important as is the health and wellbeing of each of our parishioners, please take heed of government regulations and the directives from our Archdiocesan Church leadership.
Stay safe and healthy!
Maria Gaglia, Jan Smartt, Sr Elizabeth
(Covid-19 implementation team)
Online Resources details
St Vincent de Paul and other local resources to help people in need are available on https://www.erconnect.org.au/
The Parish and Parish priest can accept direct bank transfers to:
St Denis Parish
BSB 086006 Account 528184936
BSB 066140 Account 10313613
St Vincent de Paul organisation (not our local chapter)
Caritas (Project Compassion) can take online contributions https://lent.caritas.org.au/donate/
St Denis Parish website http://www.stdenis.com.au/
Parish Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1302786806404916/.
http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/ – Catholic Archdiocese of Perth, including Cathedral mass online
Plenary Council Newsletter (PlenaryPost) https://mailchi.mp/89790a462ff6/plenary-post-edition-15-march-8-2649645
Feel free to pass this email on to people who might be interested in St Denis news or use the links below
Pass it on
Forward to a Friend