The archbishop Rev Timothy is launching the Lifelink Christmas appeal 2020 this Sunday.
Yes, we are aware that Covid-19 has crippled our economy but is also the right time to reach out to the numerous people on the receiving end – in our streets and suburbs.
The archbishop wants us to assist him generously so that he can reach out, through the diocesan agencies, to those in need.
Thank You for your generosity.
Father Anthony Xavier OSM
Envelopes are available in the foyer of the church if you would like a mass offered during the month of November for departed family members and friends.
Feast of Christ the King—Celebration and Procession Sunday 22nd November at 2.30pm
All St Denis parishioners are invited to celebrate the Feast of Christ the King starting with a procession at 2.30pm from St Lawrence Church. The procession through the streets of Balcatta will be followed by a Homily and Benediction. This is a great way to demonstrate our faith in public by walking with the Blessed Sacrament, praying and singing together. All welcome!
Sunday Mass details
Hand sanitisation, extra spacing and only having collection baskets at the entry to the church are still in place.
Details at the bottom of this newsletter for online offerings.
Please remember to clean up and disinfect your immediate area in each pew as you leave.
Sunday Mass times:
Saturday: 6:30 pm
Sunday : 7:30 am, 9:00 am, and 6:00 pm
Weekday Mass details
Weekday Mass times are:
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am
Saturday: 8:30 am
Sunday Readings (07/08 November 2020)
32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
First Reading Wisdom 6:12-16
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 62(63):2-8
Response.My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord, my God..
Second Reading 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Gospel Matthew 25:1-13
Readers Vigil: Lorraine Lockyer
7:30 : Arlyne Sony
9:00 : Britto Singarayar
6:00 : Agatha Makova
Next Week (14/15 November 2020)
33nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
First Reading Proverbs 31:10-13,19-20,30-31
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 127(128):1-5
Second Reading 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
Gospel Matthew 25:14-30
Readers Vigil: Sr Elizabeth Nicholls
7:30 : Maria Gaglia
9:00 : Penny Carroll
6:00 : Rosemary Barker
Prayers of the Faithful
We pray for the leaders of our church, that they may be given the grace to lead us through times of trial and tribulation, and in return give us the courage to lead others back to Christ.
We pray for all the leaders of nations and economic powers that they will understand that money does not matter once we die and therefore to live for things that matter beyond this life.
We pray for the foresight to keep our lamps full of oil, so that we may be ready and waiting at all times for the bridegroom’s return to earth.
We pray for the souls in purgatory, that you may prompt us to intercede for them more often, so that they may be granted eternal life with you, our Father in heaven.
We pray for the students who doing their exams at this time: May they prepare wisely and confidently to face the challenges ahead.
Archbishop's Christmas Appeal
Please collect your letter about this appeal at the back of the church and donate using the envelopes or go online to donate.
Local Catholic Jobs
Perth Catholic Youth Ministry have a Position Available for a Multimedia & Youth Ministry Worker
Fulltime ongoing (or optional two part-time roles)
Closing 12 November 2020
Doubleview Parish (Our Lady of the Rosary) are looking for a Pastoral Associate and Office Manager
Expressions of interest are invited from prospective applicants to fill the part-time position of Parish Pastoral Associate and Parish Office Manager in light of the imminent retirement of Kaye Shervington.
The position requires a multi-skilled, engaging person with a sound knowledge of the Catholic Church's Sacramental program and a broad understanding of parish operations.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, the occupant of this position will be responsible for running the parish office most weekday mornings, handling multiple enquiries, greeting parishioners and visitors, booking services, maintaining official records, overseeing a newsletter and liaising with the parish school and archdiocesan offices.
Hours range up to 15 a week with some irregular time commitments. Award salary with pro rate benefits.
Prospective applicants should obtain a full position description by phoning 94462055 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consideration may be given to dividing the two roles.
After examining the position description, applicants should lodge their submissions by the close of business on 24 November 2020.
Applications should be mailed to the Parish Priest at 17 Angelico Street, Woodlands, 6018 or emailed to email@example.com
Seniors Leadership Program (9-11 November)
Cities of Joondalup, Stirling and Wanneroo invite St Denis to join the The North Metro Seniors Leadership Program.
The Program will run from 9-11 November and feature inspiring speakers, entertainment, activities, Q&A sessions, networking, all in celebration of Seniors Week 2020.
These sessions are available in person or online.
Program details and registrations are available online
St Denis Parish COVID-19 Guidelines
Due to the Government regulations of the 2 square metre rule and the need for cleaning and sanitising
- All gatherings/meetings are to occur in the body of the church utilising the pews in the church.
- The Marian Chapel is closed to the public at this time;
- The foyer of the church is not available for meetings and for other programs e.g. line dancing;
- The Parish Centre including the Nolan Room and the outdoor courtyard are not available for use.
- The out-door toilets are closed.
- Social distancing to be observed at all times. 1.5 metres between people; 2 square metres per person at meetings/prayer gatherings within the body of the church.
- No social gatherings involving the sharing of food and drinks are permitted indoors or outdoors on St Denis property. In line with the government requirements of ‘Safety First’ the sharing of food, serving utensils, serviettes etc is strongly discouraged. For example the parish kitchen is only big enough for 1 person at a time.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Every person entering the church is required to sanitize their hands or to wash their hands with soap and water which is provided in the bathroom area.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of the church after each gathering (prayer groups, mass, etc.) is to be completed by the people who have gathered using the sanitiser and cloths provided in the church. Cloths to be put in buckets provided at the doors of the church
Signing in *** no longer necessary from 27 June 2020
Every person coming into the church is required to register their name and phone number in our sign in books provided in the foyer of the church. This is to enable contact tracing in case of an outbreak of Covid-19 and is a government requirement.
We have 65 individual places marked out.However, if families/couples/people from one household come to mass they can sit beside each other without having to observe the 1.5 metre social distancing rule. This will allow up to 100 people in the church. Please move into the centre of the seat so that people who come later won’t have to ‘climb over you’.
- The maximum number at this stage is 100.
At present, due to social distancing, sanitising etc. -
- Acolytes, altar servers, sacristan and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist are not required.
- The Lector is invited to sit in the body of the church and to move to the sanctuary when required.
- We will not be having entrance/recessional processions or Offertory processions.
- No communion from the Chalice.
- No communion on the tongue. Please receive communion in the hand, and remain standing – kneeling makes it far to difficult for Father to remain socially distanced from the communicant.
- Hymn books, loose prayer sheets, etc are not to be used.
At present we are unable to -
- Distribute hard copies of our parish bulletin – if you would like to receive a copy of our bulletin via email please sign up using the links at the bottom of this newsletter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have our book of intentions or mass intentions envelopes out. If you wish to have a mass offered please contact the parish office on 92422812 or email email@example.com or place an envelope in the offering basket in the foyer of the church.
- Take up collections during Mass. There are baskets in the foyer of the church for planned giving envelopes/offerings or you may contribute on line – banking details are provided on the newsletter.
The communal celebration of the Anointing of the Sick is to be temporarily suspended.
- The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
Priests can provide opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, according to the First Rite.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is to occur in a well-ventilated space and with appropriate social distancing being maintained at all times, including the absolution. The Sacrament can be celebrated in the sanctuary but provision for anonymity should be made.
The contact details (name, phone number, address and/or email address) of each person entering the church for Confession must be recorded and retained. No record should be kept of the reason for the person’s presence in the church.
Please contact Fr Anthony
Groups who use the Parish Facilities and are preparing to recommence are advised to contact Fr Anthony with their Covid–19 safety plan which needs to meet the guidelines set by St Denis Parish.
Contact the parish office on 9242 2812 or
The Day with Our Lady, St Peregrine devotional groups and any other large groups are advised to wait until the Government implements Phase 4 of the Roadmap.
Your health is important as is the health and wellbeing of each of our parishioners, please take heed of government regulations and the directives from our Archdiocesan Church leadership.
Stay safe and healthy!
Maria Gaglia, Jan Smartt, Sr Elizabeth
(Covid-19 implementation team)
Online Resources details
St Vincent de Paul and other local resources to help people in need are available on https://www.erconnect.org.au/
The Parish and Parish priest can accept direct bank transfers to:
St Denis Parish
BSB 086006 Account 528184936
BSB 066140 Account 10313613
St Vincent de Paul organisation (not our local chapter)
Caritas (Project Compassion) can take online contributions https://lent.caritas.org.au/donate/
St Denis Parish website http://www.stdenis.com.au/
Parish Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1302786806404916/.
http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/ – Catholic Archdiocese of Perth, including Cathedral mass online
Plenary Council Newsletter (PlenaryPost) https://mailchi.mp/89790a462ff6/plenary-post-edition-15-march-8-2649645
Feel free to pass this email on to people who might be interested in St Denis news or use the links below
Pass it on
Forward to a Friend