It is our turn to celebrate Mission Sunday, extending our help to humane causes in different parts of the world – this time it is for the Church in Cambodia.
Please remember to pick up an envelope and return it at your convenience (as directed by the Mission Office of the Archdiocese).
Mrs. Theresa Soh has passed into life after life on Wednesday morning. May she rest in the Lord. Together with the parishioners I extend our condolences to Mr. Anthony Soh, his daughters and their husbands.
Father Anthony Xavier OSM
Mrs. Theresa Soh's funeral is at 10 am, Thursday (29th October) in our church
Next Sunday 1st Nov is the Feast of All Saints. 2nd Nov. Feast of all Souls. - Envelopes are available in the foyer of the church if you would like a mass offered during the month of November for departed family members and friends.
Sunday Mass details
Hand sanitisation, extra spacing and only having collection baskets at the entry to the church are still in place.
Details at the bottom of this newsletter for online offerings.
Please remember to clean up and disinfect your immediate area in each pew as you leave.
Sunday Mass times:
Saturday: 6:30 pm
Sunday : 7:30 am, 9:00 am, and 6:00 pm
Weekday Mass details
Weekday Mass times are:
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am
Saturday: 8:30 am
Sunday Readings (24/25 October 2020)
30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
First Reading Exodus 22:20-26
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 17(18):2-4,47,51
Response. I love you, Lord, my strength.
Second Reading St Paul to the Thessalonians(1) 1:5-10
Gospel Matthew 22:34-40
Readers Vigil: Jan O'Connor
7:30 : Ben Sinagra
9:00 : John Farnan
6:00 : - Youth Volunteer -
Next Week (31 October /01 November 2020)
Feast of All Saints
First Reading Apocalypse 7:2-4,9-14
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 23(24):1-6
Second Reading 1 John 3:1-3
Gospel Matthew 5:1-12a
Readers Vigil: Adolf Fernandes
7:30 : Moira Sinagra
9:00 : Bernadette Marbeck
6:00 : - Volunteer Needed -
Prayers of the Faithful
We pray for Pope Francis and all the leaders of the church may they witness to the love of God and neighbour in all they do.
We pray for all the leaders of our world that they will hear the cries of the poor.
We pray for all of us gathered here that we may be able to love you by keeping your word and growing ever deeper in the knowledge of your love.
We pray for those who are suffering, that they may, amid their difficulties put God in the centre of their lives through the love and care shown to them by their families and carers.
Seniors Leadership Program (9-11 November)
Cities of Joondalup, Stirling and Wanneroo invite St Denis to join the The North Metro Seniors Leadership Program.
The Program will run from 9-11 November and feature inspiring speakers, entertainment, activities, Q&A sessions, networking, all in celebration of Seniors Week 2020.
These sessions are available in person or online.
Program details and registrations are available online
St Denis Parish COVID-19 Guidelines
Due to the Government regulations of the 2 square metre rule and the need for cleaning and sanitising
- All gatherings/meetings are to occur in the body of the church utilising the pews in the church.
- The Marian Chapel is closed to the public at this time;
- The foyer of the church is not available for meetings and for other programs e.g. line dancing;
- The Parish Centre including the Nolan Room and the outdoor courtyard are not available for use.
- The out-door toilets are closed.
- Social distancing to be observed at all times. 1.5 metres between people; 2 square metres per person at meetings/prayer gatherings within the body of the church.
- No social gatherings involving the sharing of food and drinks are permitted indoors or outdoors on St Denis property. In line with the government requirements of ‘Safety First’ the sharing of food, serving utensils, serviettes etc is strongly discouraged. For example the parish kitchen is only big enough for 1 person at a time.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Every person entering the church is required to sanitize their hands or to wash their hands with soap and water which is provided in the bathroom area.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing of the church after each gathering (prayer groups, mass, etc.) is to be completed by the people who have gathered using the sanitiser and cloths provided in the church. Cloths to be put in buckets provided at the doors of the church
Signing in *** no longer necessary from 27 June 2020
Every person coming into the church is required to register their name and phone number in our sign in books provided in the foyer of the church. This is to enable contact tracing in case of an outbreak of Covid-19 and is a government requirement.
We have 65 individual places marked out.However, if families/couples/people from one household come to mass they can sit beside each other without having to observe the 1.5 metre social distancing rule. This will allow up to 100 people in the church. Please move into the centre of the seat so that people who come later won’t have to ‘climb over you’.
- The maximum number at this stage is 100.
At present, due to social distancing, sanitising etc. -
- Acolytes, altar servers, sacristan and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist are not required.
- The Lector is invited to sit in the body of the church and to move to the sanctuary when required.
- We will not be having entrance/recessional processions or Offertory processions.
- No communion from the Chalice.
- No communion on the tongue. Please receive communion in the hand, and remain standing – kneeling makes it far to difficult for Father to remain socially distanced from the communicant.
- Hymn books, loose prayer sheets, etc are not to be used.
At present we are unable to -
- Distribute hard copies of our parish bulletin – if you would like to receive a copy of our bulletin via email please sign up using the links at the bottom of this newsletter or email email@example.com
- Have our book of intentions or mass intentions envelopes out. If you wish to have a mass offered please contact the parish office on 92422812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or place an envelope in the offering basket in the foyer of the church.
- Take up collections during Mass. There are baskets in the foyer of the church for planned giving envelopes/offerings or you may contribute on line – banking details are provided on the newsletter.
The communal celebration of the Anointing of the Sick is to be temporarily suspended.
- The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
Priests can provide opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, according to the First Rite.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is to occur in a well-ventilated space and with appropriate social distancing being maintained at all times, including the absolution. The Sacrament can be celebrated in the sanctuary but provision for anonymity should be made.
The contact details (name, phone number, address and/or email address) of each person entering the church for Confession must be recorded and retained. No record should be kept of the reason for the person’s presence in the church.
Please contact Fr Anthony
Groups who use the Parish Facilities and are preparing to recommence are advised to contact Fr Anthony with their Covid–19 safety plan which needs to meet the guidelines set by St Denis Parish.
Contact the parish office on 9242 2812 or
The Day with Our Lady, St Peregrine devotional groups and any other large groups are advised to wait until the Government implements Phase 4 of the Roadmap.
Your health is important as is the health and wellbeing of each of our parishioners, please take heed of government regulations and the directives from our Archdiocesan Church leadership.
Stay safe and healthy!
Maria Gaglia, Jan Smartt, Sr Elizabeth
(Covid-19 implementation team)
Online Resources details
St Vincent de Paul and other local resources to help people in need are available on https://www.erconnect.org.au/
The Parish and Parish priest can accept direct bank transfers to:
St Denis Parish
BSB 086006 Account 528184936
BSB 066140 Account 10313613
St Vincent de Paul organisation (not our local chapter)
Caritas (Project Compassion) can take online contributions https://lent.caritas.org.au/donate/
St Denis Parish website http://www.stdenis.com.au/
Parish Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1302786806404916/.
http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/ – Catholic Archdiocese of Perth, including Cathedral mass online
Plenary Council Newsletter (PlenaryPost) https://mailchi.mp/89790a462ff6/plenary-post-edition-15-march-8-2649645
Feel free to pass this email on to people who might be interested in St Denis news or use the links below
Pass it on
Forward to a Friend