Parents/ Guardians, learners and friends…
We have a whole week behind us where all the grades were back at school. In the process we also gathered a lot of new information!
One of our learners, Hlomla Bukani in Grade 6AC, will appear on television tomorrow evening. You can see her in the show Melody on SABC1 at 20:00 on Tuesday, 1 September 2020! Well done, Hlomla.
- PLEASE READ all the communication that gets sent out by the school.
- The process of entering at the two gates are each day running smoother as the glitches are sorted. Remember that no child will be allowed to enter the school before 07:30.
- Please keep to the arranged gate entrances for the various grades or else our screening process will be jeopardized.
- We usually stay at the entrances until 08:05 to wait for latecomers, but after that time, the gates are locked. All our staff are then occupied somewhere else. If you happen to be later than that time, please call the secretary who will then make the necessary arrangements to allow your child to enter the school and still go through the screening process. Please be patient – these arrangements are for the continued safety of everybody at school – staff and learners.
- All the parents who have applied for exemption for their children, using B2 forms, will by now have received permission letters from the WCED.
- In the case where you have decided to send your child to school even though you have permission, please let the school know because there is an Exemption Cancellation Form that has to be completed in a case like that.
- Those who have applied with a B1 form, will still have to wait for their permission as a whole team of medical personnel are screening these applications.
- All these learners who have received official permission from the WCED, must remember that they will have to come to school for the assessments. At this moment we are working on the assessment roster and we want to provide it to parents as soon as possible.
- Please make sure that your child/ren are doing the work planned for those days that their colour group is NOT AT SCHOOL. We have discovered that many learners are using these in-between days as holidays. Then they come to school with a gap in their work. THAT MEANS THAT THEY END UP DOING 5 DAYS OF WORK INSTEAD OF 10 DAYS OF WORK. This will surely affect the results of their upcoming assessments.
- It is very important that parents screen their children before coming to school. When any child presents with any symptom or ailment of any kind at school during the day, the parents will be contacted immediately to come and fetch the child. We experienced some serious problems in this regard last week. We could not get hold of parents because they did not answer their calls or in some cases the numbers did not exist any more! Our resources as far as staff and venues are concerned, are stretched to the limit. Please assist the school in this regard.
- Birthday Parties: We know that parents want to make the birthdays of their children to be special. We do accept party packs that can be sanitized in the morning, rest until the end of the day, be sanitized again and handed to the classmates with their parents’ permission. However, we request that you do not send cupcakes, etc that cannot be individually wrapped, because that cannot be sanitized. Thank you so much for assisting us in that regard.
- The collection of learners after school also still pose some serious problems. As I have mentioned in previous newsletters, we do not have the manpower or the space to keep your children safe and warm after school. You have to please fetch them at the allocated times and places.
Have a warm and safe week.
Mrs F Bröcker.
Grade R Work
Grade 1 Work
Grade 2 Work
Grade 3 Work
Grade 4 Work
Grade 5 Work
Grade 6 Work
Grade 7 Work