Parents/ Guardians, learners and friends…
I hope everybody had a good “long weekend” – some of us celebrating Easter in a very different way than what we are used to, and for others it would have just been a “normal” lockdown weekend. Yes. Lockdown has become somewhat normal. I trust that all our REPS family members are still safe and sane.
What was somehow anticipated for a while, was confirmed on Thursday evening by our president. As promised last week, our plan B has kicked in.
Under very challenging circumstances our teachers performed miracles to have prepared these lessons attached so that teaching can continue until school starts officially again.
While preparing these lessons, quite a number of issues had to be kept in mind:
- Not all parents have access to internet, computers, laptops, tablets or even smart phones
- Worksheets that do not necessarily have to be printed as even fewer parents have printers
- Parents who are not always capable to do the necessary explaining
Grade 7 Work Week:
- We have decided to focus on the three core subjects e.g. English, Afrikaans and Mathematics
- It is important that your child has a book that he/she works in.
- Cover it and call it the COVID 19 book. (An old one of last year with a bit of work in it will do)
- The child must date each day’s work. Use a proper heading.
- It is important to keep this work as neat as the work in normal schoolbooks – this work is as important as any other school work
- At the end of each day’s work, a parent must check that everything has been done (not necessary correctly) and sign and date the work.
- All the memorandums will be supplied with the next week’s work.
- These books must come back on the first school day after lockdown and handed in to the class teacher.
- That is of the utmost importance so that the class teacher can assess at which level each child had access to the work and then the necessary intervention can be planned accordingly.
- Please do not stop with all the fun activities that you have planned for your child/ren during this time – it helps build sweet memories
Grade 6 Work Week:
Grade 5 Work Week:
Grade 4 Work Week:
Grade 3 Work Week:
Grade 2 Work Week:
Grade 1 Work Week:
Grade R Work Week:
Then I want to plead with our parents = please pay your school fees, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because the staff of Rondebosch East Primary will each and everyone be prepared to go the extra mile for your child. BUT they also have families to tend to and often these people are standing last in the line for their attention because they are busy with work for your children. THEY NEED THEIR SALARIES.
Rondebosch East Primary School
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 072863978
Reference: Debtor’s code as on account (Or use learner’s Name, Surname and grade)
Mrs F Bröcker