Principal News - Fall Festival Is Coming Soon!
RCE Parents & Friends-
It was truly a busy week at the Creek!
The library was the hub of numerous activities –
· The Food Drive has been going on all this week to benefit the Food Pantry. Our students did an awesome job as we collected over 2,000 food items. The head lady at the Food Pantry assured us that our Sister School, Sherwood Elem., would benefit the most from our collections. We appreciate everyone that sent and brought food to RCE. Our friendly pick-up driver had to make 3 trips to pick up all the items.
· The Library was also the place to go if you love books and reading. Thousands of books were sold during the week of the Book Fair. Students left smiling with much reading to look forward to. Karen Harrell has already spent $1,000 of the profit on new books for the Library based on student and teacher’s requests. Thanks to everyone that took advantage of this event.
· In addition, PTA helped us host our very first “Special Friends” event. Numerous Grandparents came up to school on Thursday to read, enjoy a muffin, play a game or work a puzzle with a student or child in their family. We enjoyed seeing not only the grandparents, but also former teachers and parents. This is an event that may need to be repeated next year. A big thank you to our Watch Dogs and PTA helpers that made this event possible.
· Another highlight of the week was Parent/Teacher Conferences. The RCE staff and I realize how important this type of communications is to the growth and learning for each of our students. Your feedback is always valued as we plan the path of learning for each student. I continue to be proud of this RCE staff. I believe their dedication and love for our students is apparent in their teaching and conversations on a daily basis. I am blessed to be a part of this wonderful school and community.
· I am looking forward to seeing you at the Fall Festival on Nov. 2. There are so many activities, games, food and people to see and enjoy.
· This week is Red Ribbon Week. This is a time to focus on the choices we make to keep our bodies and minds healthy.
Principal @ Rummel Creek