Church Services & Events Cancelled for this Week
Since Wardens Words on Friday we have received further information regarding services during Level 2:-
Archdeacon Julie Rokotakala has reminded us of the Diocesan policy for Church Services in Level Two:
- services with distancing if you have a building large enough.
- hand sanitiser,
- no hand shaking, no books, no singing out loud, no passing the offertory plate
- remain seated for service (other than communion with distancing), communion in one kind (bread only)
- if morning tea is offered it must be served to people seated. No help-yourself.
- display a QR code and also have a contact tracing register available for people who cannot use the NZ COVID tracer app.
Weighing up these restrictions and given how our congregation interacts during services and the age and vulnerability of some parishioners we have concluded it will be best to suspend services this weekend. We will review this decision during the week based on further advice being given by the Diocese and the government.
The difficulties of adhering to the restrictions was highlighted yesterday at a funeral at St Barnabas which we also took into account when making our decision.
The Wednesday service this week is also cancelled.
Sam’s Tawa Orchestra Concert scheduled to be held at St Barnabas on Sunday has had to be cancelled.
Remember there is a Sunday service is available each week at 10 am on the Movement by mail website - just google movementonline and click on the link, or click on this link https://movementonline.org.nz/.
We hope to be back together very soon.
Keep safe, be kind and keep everyone in your prayers.
Flora and Lee
Flora 021 246 9846 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee 021 029 91480 - email@example.com