Good Morning LSPC Fam,
The Covid-19 pandemic provides renewed proof that our current healthcare system is inefficient, overpriced, and fails to generate optimal healthcare outcomes. For this reason, The Lower Shore Progressive Caucus is joining Our Revolution Maryland in committed to a single-payer healthcare system to ensure all Marylanders quality healthcare as a human right. In order to vindicate this right, we strongly support HB 470/SB 522 Public Health - Commission on Universal Health Care in the Maryland General Assembly.
This bill will establish the Commission on Universal Health Care and require the Commission to develop a plan for the State to establish by January 1, 2024, a universal health care program that covers all Maryland residents. We are especially proud of this legislation since its primary sponsors - Senator Paul Pinsky and Delegate Sheila Ruth Maryland. Delegate Ruth is a long time Ally of the LSPC and the Co-Chair of Our Revolution Baltimore.
The Senate Finance Committee held a hearing on the bill last Wednesday. It is important that all members hear from the public why enacting universal single-payer healthcare is critical for our state's future.
Here's what you can do to help us pass this priory legislation:
- Email each of the State Senators on the Finance to back the Commission on Universal Health Care by completing the form on your computer, your phone or hand-held device here.
- Telephone each of the State Senators on the Senate Finance Committee and urge them to support the Commission on Universal Healthcare bill:
- Malcolm L. Augustine - (410) 841-3745
- Pamela G. Beidle - (410) 841-3593
- Joanne C. Benson - (410) 841-3148
- Antonio L. Hayes - (410) 841-3656
- Stephen S. Hershey, Jr. - (410) 841-3706
- J. B. Jennings - (410) 841-3706
- Katherine A. Klausmeier - (410) 841-3085
- Benjamin F. Kramer - (410) 841-3151
- Justin D. Ready - (410) 841-3683
- If you have a relevant personal story or professional experience and would like to submit written testimony in support of the Commission on Universal Health Care, please email Delegate Sheila Ruth at email@example.com
Remember the link to send your email can be found here:https://actionnetwork.org/letters/5cc08245e0914b23a50e0c337370e09772938162?source=direct_link&
It only takes a second to do and sending an email is extremely crucial to passing this bill.