Dear members and residents
With all the COVID-19 rules and regulations in place, tennis is open for bookings from tomorrow 20th June! Please contact Winnie on 031 502 1010 to book - phone bookings are preferred to walk-ins. You will need your TSA number to book. A maximum of 4 players is permitted per court. Please see below for more information:
1. The tennis courts will be locked and a strict procedure as detailed below has been put in place to facilitate play under the new rules as stipulated by the Government.
BOOKING and PLAYING Guidelines:
2. Under Lockdown Level 3, all players will require a TSA (Tennis SA) membership number, in order to book a tennis court, and to play. TSA membership is instantaneously available upon provision of a few personal details, and payment of the TSA membership fees, to Marianne Pooler who will register the player on Sporty HQ. Most of the club members already have a TSA number. Please WhatsApp Marianne on 082 815 4067 to get your TSA number arranged.
TSA Annual Membership costs :
Adults - R 260 (social)
Juniors - R 60 (social)
3. A full list of TSA membership numbers is available from Marianne Pooler and is also displayed on the noticeboard at the Tennis Club Pavilion. This list will be updated weekly as new members sign up. A copy will also be kept at the Golf Shop, where you will check in to play.
4. Once you have your TSA number, you will be required to make a tennis court booking through the Golf Shop. Please contact Winnie on 031 502 1010 to book - phone bookings are preferred to walk-ins. You will need your TSA number to book. A maximum of 4 players is permitted per court.
5. Please ensure that every player that will be on the court, has a TSA membership number. On check-in at the Golf Shop, each player will need to fill in their TSA number on their COVID-19 form.
6. Bookings are essential. NO BOOKING NO PLAY.
7. Please report to the Golf Shop ten minutes ahead of play. The following steps will then be followed :
i) Complete the COVID temperature screening and complete the written forms (these are also attached to this email in the COVID-19 Info Pack).
ii) These forms will be kept on file at the Golf Shop and will not need to be filled in every time you play.
iii) The forms are attached for download should you wish to fill them in earlier.
iv) The tennis court key will be handed to you at the Golf Shop after you have completed your sign-in process.
v) Proceed to the courts where you need to sanitise the latches and locks before play.
vi) Be punctual at the end of your session to sanitize again on your way out.
vii) Lock the gate and RETURN the key to the Golf Shop.
viii) The Golf Shop closes at 17h00 from now until the end of August - if you finish after 17h00, please leave your key with one of the coaches, or with security at Gate 2.
8. Please bring your own tennis balls, marked with your name, as only you are permitted to touch your own tennis balls. Please also bring your own water as no water is available at the courts.
9. Please arrive and leave with a mask: masks are however not required to be worn during play.
10. No floodlight play is permitted; playing hours are 06h00-18h00.
11. No spectators are permitted. No alcohol is permitted.
Please familiarise yourself with the Tennis Covid-19 Info pack - please click here.